According to article 18 of the in-force Articles of Association, regarding the loss of membership status, the following circumstances shall be considered reason enough for the loss of membership status:
- Death of the member.
- Failure to pay fees, after four months from the time at which they were obliged to be paid.
- The agreement of the Board, subject to the appropriate steps by the Social Discipline Commission.
- A request from the member in question.
A request for voluntary cancellation of a member of Real Madrid, or from a season-ticket or from both, may be carried out by the following means:
1. Appearance in person by the card-holding member at the members service office, identifying themselves with their original DNI and membership card. If a third person requests the process, they must present written authorisation signed by the member allowing them to carry out the cancellation and a copy of both sides of the member's DNI.
2. By sending a fax to the members service office (91 398 43 41) or an email to email@example.com with the subject “Baja como Socio y/o abonado”, full name, membership number and DNI number. A photocopy or scan of the DNI, both sides of the membership card and the Social Security card of the member requesting the process must be attached.
Real Madrid membership and season-ticket holder status is renewed automatically every season, therefore it shall be considered that all members and season-ticket holding members who do not declare otherwise before the 15th of June 2011 wish to renew their status as a member and/or season-ticket holder, where applicable, for the 2011/2012 season with the same conditions as those they currently enjoy.
- If the reason for cancellation is the death of the member, a copy of the death certificate should be added to the above documentation and a copy of the closest family member's DNI.
- In the event that the member is a minor, the cancellation must be requested by their father, mother or legal guardian, including a copy of their DNI.
Once the season has started, the membership and season-ticket fees shall not be returned, except for the membership fee in the case of the death of the member.
The temporary cancellation of a member derives from an agreement approved at the Representative Members General Meeting of the 4th of September 1983, which consists of the temporary and voluntary suspension of Real Madrid membership status for a minimum period of one year and a maximum of three. Members who request temporary cancellation are exempt from the payment of the membership fee during the period of cancellation, while maintaining the membership number and the length of membership.
Members in any of the following circumstances who can sufficiently verify them can request temporary cancellation: relocation for work reasons or change to an overseas address or an address outside the Iberian Peninsula (Balearic and Canary Islands).
Temporary cancellation may be requested by means of the following procedures:
- Appearance in person by the member at the members service office, with their original DNI and membership card. Any document that sufficiently verifies the reason for the relocation or change of address must be presented.
- Sending a fax to the Members Service Office (91 398 43 41) or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Baja temporal de socio”, full name, membership and DNI numbers and the reason for the temporary cancellation request. A photocopy or scan of the DNI, both sides of the membership card of the member requesting the process must be attached, along with any other document verifying the reason for the relocation or change of address.
Once the maximum period of temporary cancellation has expired, re-establishing membership status can be requested by the following means:
- Appearing in person at the Members Services Office and identification with your original DNI.
- Sending a fax to the Members Service Office (91 398 43 41) or an email to email@example.com with the subject “Reingreso baja temporal de socio”, full name, membership and DNI numbers and the reason for the temporary cancellation request. A photocopy or scan of the DNI, both sides of the membership card must be attached.
Once the membership has been re-established, the part of the member fee corresponding to the time between the moment of the application and the end of the season should be paid.
- If the temporary cancellation application is made once the season has started the membership and season-ticket fees shall not be returned.
- Season-ticket holding members who request temporary cancellation will lose their status as club season-ticket holders.
Temporary Membership Cancellation