- Florentino Pérez greeted the team before the Unicaja game
- Laso: "Our rotations and Unicaja's fatigue meant we looked fresh right to the end"
- 101-90: Real Madrid begin League campaign with an offensive masterclass against Unicaja
- Real Madrid remain top of the UEFA ranking after the second group stage match day
OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT | 27/10/2014
In response to the sanction handed down by the Competition Committee to the Real Madrid Castilla's head coach and second coach, Santiago Sánchez and Zinedine Zidane respectively, Real Madrid C. F. would like to outline the following:
1. The club's absolute disagreement with the decision, not least of all because Zinedine Zidane has been authorised by the French Football Federation to work as a head coach in the category Real Madrid Castilla currently find themselves in, as the certificate issued by said Federation from 13 October 2014 states.
2. Real Madrid will pursue every available legal avenue so that this decision is overturned.